Explore these resources to learn more about how waste affects us, how entrepreneurs are beginning to chip away at the problem through circular design, and how you can use mathematics to build your solution.
Understand the problem
Why is waste a problem and for whom?
- Video: What really happens to the plastic you throw away? (TedEx)
- The Hidden Damage of Landfills (University of Colorado)
- Video: What happens to used tires?
- Zero Waste (Wikipedia)
Ways scientists and entrepreneurs are currently addressing the problem
- What is the difference between Recycling and Upcycling?
- Video: Billboards to Bags
- Plastic Bricks
- Reborn Clothing
- The Circular Economy v1 (Ellen MacArthur Foundation)
- What is the Circular Economy (CNBC)
- Plastics and the Circular Economy (Ellen MacArthur Foundation)
Use the following resources to learn or review key mathematics concepts that are essential for building your solution.